The Vizrt Days, held this year in Bergen, brought together international leaders who shared and discussed the latest innovations in the global media and broadcasting arena.
Some of the Vizrt Day’s high profile speakers included:
- Ali Husseini, Head of Playout Graphics, Al Jazeera English, who discussed the importance of their gigantic video wall and the editorial workflows supporting this;
- Kirsty Crawford, Head of Media Management, BBC Scotland, talks about the evolution of TV from tape to digital;
- Scott Davies, VP EMEA and Janice Gundersen, Director of Business Development, never.no, discussing social TV formats across the globe;
- and the list goes on.
The latest developments in the broadcasting industry were not the only topics of discussion; technological advances which have impacted the publishing world was also shared among the audience. It was to such an enthusiastic audience to whom our CEO was invited by Vizrt to present the Telegraph Media Group’s (TMG) digital monetisation strategy case.
Titled “Identity & Monetisation – a live publisher success case study’ – the presentation touched aspects relating not only to TMG’s metered model but also to more general aspects in the digital monetisation ecosystem.
We explained in depth:
- Why the metered model implemented by Evolok does not affect the Telegraph’s SEO ranking;
- Why more and more publishers adopt flexible monetisation strategies with “leaky” paywalls rather than inflexible ones;
- Why the Single and Social Sign On is not important solely for the publishing media, but for every industry carrying out business online.
Alongside our presentation, other preeminent leaders spoke at the event. You can view the entire list of the event and all the speakers here, but in the mean while here’s a small sample:
- Jochen Sterrer, Red Bull Media House
- John Murphy, Head of Graphics BBC Sport
- Zac Fields, VP of Graphics & Technology Fox Sports Media Group
- Nakhle El Hage, Director News and Current Affairs Al Arabiya
- Fadi Radi, Senior Graphics Manager MBC
- Rodrigo Diez, Editor in Chief www.24horas.cl TVN Chile
- Kirsty Crawford, Head of Media Management BBC Scotland
- Alejandro Castaneda, Digital Media Engineer Univision Network
- Ralph Atlan & Jean Paul Grall, Canal + France