- Make the sign in process to your site simple for users by reducing the barrier to entry and using social login to allow access to content. Show your users you trust them and don’t deter them with registration forms.
- Collect permission based-identity data from user social profiles when they login through facebook.
- Promote campaigns, refresh content on your website to increase brand awareness across social networks. Encourage users to use functionality such as like, share or follow which pushes your brand and content back out to the users social networks.
- Track customer data via user profiles for specific targeting and real time segmentation to increase conversions and stickiness.
- Use social profile data to identify how customers or prospects are engaging on social networks, what do they regularly like, what articles do they share, their location etc.
- Measuring your social media success by comparing customer engagement to multiple trends can provide key information about your users and how leads can be generated.
For certain sectors such as news and media the benefits of social media are much greater. Not only do they benefit from advertising revenue but users regularly share content with their connections who also have connections and so on. This is a lucrative distribution channel for news providers.
Social media provides a great source of information, intimacy and engagement that, if used correctly with web properties, can drive considerable brand value, viral reach and importantly drive revenue streams. This is merely a snapshot, there are many more elements to social engagement.